Ads Header

Sunday 15 January 2012

Real Steel



Genre : Action | Drama | Sci-Fi
Runtime :127 Min
Director : Shawn Levy

Plot : Set in 2020, where human boxing has been taken over by robot boxing, an ex-boxing fighter finds his hopeful rise to the top again through his 11 year old son.

Review : I had my eyes over this flick for so long and finally got to see it today. Why? C’mon it’s Hugh Jackman in a totally different avatar plus I get to see robot boxing plus the hype it got and plus the positive reviews. I guess that sounds like quite good enough reasons.

So the opening of movie just hinted about the character of Hugh in the movie. And it was a good opening really. I originally thought that it would be a basic entertainer as we have already seen hi-fi robot stuff in transformers but in the end I found myself judging wrong. Of course the movie is about robot boxing but that’s not the root theme of the movie. Unlikely to transformers, here the center lies in the relation of a father and a son through their robot, Atom. It involves you emotionally and touches your soul somewhere.

Technically, the CGI robots are pretty decent and not much hardcore. But I loved how Atom without talking anything or doing anything on his own created his own personality and that is a good character development. I loved the music, definitely matches up with the shots. Performance was pretty good and Dakota just did very well in his character. Evangeline is pretty for me. Yes the movie offers nothing new to our eyes and it’s pretty much predictable but stirs you up emotionally. Even at the climax you will find yourself cheering. It does not stretch at any point of time and is interesting and running on whole. I loved it.

Final Verdict : Don’t hop in with some expectations to see stuff like transformers and you will love it. At the end of it you might feel its better on whole. A must watch for kids, for Jackman’s fans, for Robot fans and others too.

Rating : 8 on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment