Ads Header

Friday 6 January 2012

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark



Genre : Horror | Fantasy | Thriller
Runtime : 99 Min
Director : Troy Nixey

Plot : A young child is sent by her mother to her divorced husband where she discovers some creatures who want to claim her as their own.

Review : Seriously? A remake of the classic? Don’t worry I have not seen the original and this was the reaction of almost every horror lover. I just knew one thing, I get to watch Katie Holmes after so much time and I was not gonna miss it. And seriously I had no expectations from it as well.

Surely I had no expectations but I was hoping for something atleast. I mean was I supposed to be scared of those creatures? I guess not. Anyways let’s not come to the verdict here. The movie started well and it created a ray of hope. Then came the beautiful sets and I was like, wow. Then began the creatures and helped building an eerie atmosphere. I liked it much. Katie Holmes looked pretty as usual. Then came the revelation of creatures and the crap began to litter covering the whole movie gradually.

Seriously? They were trying to sell the old formula on this pathetic and crawling script? The whole movie is predictable with dragging pace. Nothing shocking happened. Even the climax was pathetic. The concept was not bad but they wrote it poorly. Talking about acts, all did a nice job. The cinematography is really good with eye catching environment. The sets were very good. I hated the storyline. They wasted everything for a crappy script. There are very few moments of creepiness but they are not much effective on whole. The movie emerges out as just a time pass flick. I did not find it a total shit but it was below average.

Final Verdict : Can be avoided until you have a reason same as me. Watch it with your friends while gossiping. Last but not least, the title stands true – Don’t be afraid of the dark.

Rating : 4 on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment