Ads Header

Wednesday 25 January 2012

American Horror Story Season 1




Genre : Horror | Mystery | Drama
Runtime : 50 Min per episode (approx)
Director : Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk

Plot : A family of three moves to their new house at Los Angeles to reconcile their past and develop as a healthy family. Unfortunately, the mansion they move in is haunted.

Review : This is the first horror TV series I watched. I received mixed views from everyone but found the theme interesting. Who doesn’t want to watch ‘haunted house’ when today’s horror is limited to gore fest? At-least I am pretty much interested in such themes.

After I watched the pilot episode I could not form any opinion about it. It is very different from what we see. Also it was nothing like I had expected. The direction was a little different and I really could not understand what was happening. So I moved on to the second episode. Again there were many things happening at a nice pace and it left me off the hook. But I found myself tempting to watch the next. The same thing happened again and again and soon I found the show gripping me to it. I started liking it more and more with the episodes moving forward.

It can be the great acts by both the leads as well as the supporting cast. It can be mind boggling story of the show. It can be the explicit scenes and the combination of it with horror in a disturbing manner. Whatever it was, it gripped me completely. Later I found that suspense was built gradually and the revelations are good at the end. It was scary in moments but the motive was to create an eerie atmosphere I guess. There are lots of twists and turns in the series. It just doesn’t stick to one thing. It portrays ideally an American family and the disturbances of the family. Everything is screened nicely. The music and score is nice as well. The climax is not quite ordinary as well.

I would say that a combined effort from all of the cast and crew helped pull it off in an interesting manner. It’s not at all an ordinary haunted house tale. Its differently different. Something I hadn’t seen earlier. It’s quite creepy on whole really. I liked it though it’s not great. Still it manages to entertain as well as creep. You can definitely give it a try.

Final Verdict : Watch the first few episodes and you will watch it whole for sure. It’s quite different from others and creepy. It’s not a must watch but you may find it interesting. I personally liked it and found it good.

Rating : 7 on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment