Ads Header

Friday 16 December 2011

The Final Destination




Genre : Horror | Thriller
Runtime : 82 Min
Director : David R. Ellis

Plot : A guy has a premonition of a car crash and the death of everyone and thus saves all of his friends. Death won’t leave them alone but.

Review : David returning to direct the fourth installment for me meant better death scenes. I don’t really expect anything from the franchise except that. Another thing is that it came out in 3d but I saw in 2D obviously. Still I can make out easily what portions were incorporated for the 3D effect and they must have looked good on the silver screen. It is again a standalone sequel.

Now, what’s new in this one? The answer is simple ie nothing. The plot remains the same and even no much emphasis is laid on death. Just new methods are devised to please on 3d viewing. The start is just one of the best in the series. It was really thrilling. The effects are really good. One good thing about it is that it kept me glued to my seat and there were moments of deja-vu. I was constantly thinking what’s gonna happen next and the deaths were gruesome than my expectations. Like I said earlier, you don’t really expect a great matter from the series and thus it’s successful in what it is meant for. Watch for the climax, it’s really good I feel and a bit of twist this time towards the end.

Final Verdict : Not great but a thrilling experience.

Rating : 6 on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment