Ads Header

Monday 2 January 2012

Friends with Benefits




Genre : Comedy | Romance
Runtime : 109 Min
Director : Will Gluck

Plot : Dylan and Jamie decides to add the acts of sex to their friendship and promises themselves that they won’t add feelings to it and their friendship will remain unharmed.

Review : Mila Kunis finally! I always wanted to see her after ‘Black Swan’. While deciding to watch this one, I had an idea that it’s gonna be similar to ‘No Strings Attached’ as the plot suggests. Well I was not quite wrong as the theme is just the same and moreover it’s like watching a remake or a sequel of that with the same story.

So basically the story is quite same with new stars. Girl and Boy meet and agree to have sex without getting emotionally involved although why they walk on this path is entirely different. But again I would like to say that the formula is directed in a pretty decent manner. The movie provides a perfect balance of emotions and comedy. There are some liners and punches which will make you laugh as well as the cheesy bits to maintain the mood. Ah I liked the cinematography. Talking about the acts, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis share a perfect chemistry on-screen. They look good as a couple. Mila Kunis is too hot for me to concentrate on her acting but she has done a nice job and Justin Timberlake is actually humorous.

The movie is a bit slow in the latter half but maybe it was necessary to build the romantic atmosphere after the fun shower in the former half. I guess it might have received more positive reviews if it had come before ‘No Strings Attached’. If you want just an entertainment with an essence of romance, this will provide you sufficiently. Overall the movie is good and I liked it simply.

Final Verdict : Watch it guys. If not for anything else, then just for Mila Kunis although I am sure it won’t disappoint you at all if you don’t have high expectations.

Rating : 7 on 10


2 comments:

Best Brain Teasers said...

Happy new Year Blogger :-)

Carmen Varner said...

I've been meaning to see this movie, even though I hear it's the same as "No Strings Attached!"

Post a Comment