Ads Header

Sunday 18 December 2011

Final Destination 5




Genre : Horror | Thriller
Runtime : 92 Min
Director : Steven Quale

Plot : A teenager prevents his colleagues from dying of a suspension bridge Collapse by a premonition but soon they learn that there is no way to cheat death.

Review : So even though I thought they won’t be interested in making another sequel after the fourth one which was tagged ‘Death saved the best for the last’, we have another FD. Do you really think they must have got a great script this time? Well you are right, they have not. So as usual we won’t be talking about the script. Now what expectation did I have from this? I expected it to be much more bloody and much more thrilling. Guess what, it surprised me.

The start itself was really good with some really great visual effects. Hats off, it was realistic and a treat for fans. It is one of the best start. Now as usual the survivors are left and death is on a killing spree. What was different? I guess the direction is pretty much good than the previous ones. Why? Because I was glued to my seat and it was really tense this time. I felt it is a lot darker. The death scenes are really innovative and have that eerie feeling and creepiness. The cast seemed perfect this time. Without a skin show they are able to succeed.

The best thing was that every death scene ends up into something that you were not at all thinking. This builds up a feeling of suspense in between. And to much extent it is helpful in building interest. The fact that it came out in 3d is stunning as I could really feel what it would have felt to watch it in 3D while watching in 2D only. The effects were simply great. I feel that it succeeds where its predecessors failed. The missing thing was a new concept. I mean now we know that they are gonna die in the pattern. Anyhow it stands out to be the best installment of the series. I really wish it was the first part, I would have rated it more.

Final Verdict : Even if you don’t like the series much, you should go for it as it is the best part. The sequel could not have been better. Watch out for the climax and get shocked.

Rating : 8 on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment