Ads Header

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Attack the Block



Genre : Horror | Comedy | Sci-Fi
Runtime : 88 Min
Director : Joe Cornish

Plot : A block is attacked by some alien creatures. The teens form a gang to defend their block from the invasion.

Review : Comedy with Horror. Like I said earlier, not my favorite genre. But for the positive reviews, I had to watch it once. And guess what, thumbs up for it. Alien Invasion seems too common these days, but how you present it is what that counts.

The first and the best thing about the movie are the acts. They looked like real gangstas with their attitude or say their accent as well. It felt that everything is happening for real and live in front of my eyes. Next is the comic timing which is really good and blends well, relieving us in between the action packed sequences. I was not really expecting that at all. I would not like to talk about the script or theme. All of us can guess that there will be nothing new to it and that’s where the movie lacks majorly. But on the entertainment level, it is pretty good I must mention.

The aliens are different and scary. There is an ample amount of splatters involved. Now I love that and it’s a plus for the movie. The background score keeps it pumping and the run of the movie is pacy as well. I would say they should mention action as well in the genre as it’s an action packed horror for me. It would really have done wonders with a better script. Also if I find it good, the people who like comedy/horror genre will love it.

Final Verdict : Overall the movie is really very entertaining and not at all bad. It’s not made to scare you but will surely thrill you. Definitely watch it once. I feel it’s the coolest horror movie I have seen.

Rating : 7  on 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment